About Edge of Space
Players suit up as an Operative of the Ark Corporation (ArkCo), deployed into the deepest, darkest, and most dangerous part of the universe. Fight at the edge of space against an array of creative horrors including cybernetically-enhanced laser space sharks or artillery-toting polar bears – and those are not even the strangest monstrosities to encounter!
You must terraform the entire world, craft armor, weapons, kits, and vehicles to help you explore and conquer. Starting only with a laser pick and the gear from your pod you must immediately start gathering resources to survive. At the absolute edge of space you will adapt or die! Good luck ArkCo Operative!
What is the story?
The story centers around you, as an ArkCo recruit. As one of the few, proud, and lucky men and women of ArkCo, you must go where no one has wanted to go or was technically meant to go. After an indeterminate time in cryo-sleep, you awake to find yourself in a lonely, Bermuda Triangle-like area in the depths of space. There is no way back, you are on your own, and you must fight to survive. Your only hope lies in your knowledge of ArkCo’s incredible technologies. Now you must find the materials to produce them in your deadly new home. Can you find what it takes to thrive in the depths of space?
What about the gameplay? How is it different?
Edge of Space features some of things you would expect from a 2d sandbox but then expands in those concepts. In Edge of Space, the very environment is aware of your presence, and will work AGAINST you. The world is immersed in various deadly exposures, further challenging you as you attempt to explore and tame the environment. You must create a breathable atmosphere, capable of sustaining life. Should you cease to maintain that atmosphere, the world will overtake your base, and revert to its original deadly state. Features such as gas simulation, streamlined power grid system, co-op weapons, non-linear advancement system, reactive environment, global goals, and a unique crafting system all enhance the experience. The player vs. environment feel brings different spin to the genre, pitting the player against far more than just mobs. You will be constantly challenged to terraform bigger and bigger portions of the world to keep your hold on it, and ultimately to conquer it all.
Edge of Space Combat: More than just point-and-shoot!
The Edge of Space Combat experience will also bring a more intense action feel to the game. One weapon will NOT save you! Enemies will display a wide variety of attack patterns and methods. The player will have to learn the enemies movements and learn to compensate in order to defeat them. Some may explode on impact, some may launch projectiles, while others may just directly strike the player. Still others may require the player to take to the air, being able to time jet-pack bursts to dodge enemy attacks and to launch your own offensive. Knowing your enemy will be crucial to survival in Edge of Space. To add even more immersion to the survival aspect, players will be confronted with world events and with enemies that become aware that you are there. These types of AI will actually SEEK YOU OUT, once you have come close enough to trigger their awareness. Should you not defeat them, they will from that point, seek your base and attempt to destroy you!
- Open World – Dynamically-generated 2D sandbox set in the deepest recesses of space.
- Insane Creatures – Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser space sharks.
- Cooperative Exploration – Engrossing gameplay, built from the ground up, to support multiplayer focusing on cooperative exploration and combat with team-based tactics.
- Command Center Management – Establish your central base of operation by creating the ultimate Command Center customized with defensive turrets, hangers and repair drones.
- PIOS (Power Input Output Systems) – A simple drag and drop tool, letting you design electrical systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as creating your own logic gates.
- Deep Exploration – Master the navigation of extraterrestrial hideaways and randomly generated caverns. Explore wormhole anomalies to discover valuable resources and other rare phenomenon.
- Loads of Armor – Ranging from stat boosting battle armor to quirky vanity costumes, craft armor to survive the changing environmental conditions and threatening mutated monsters..
- Weapons – Create a wide-variety of unique weapons ranging from guided rocket launchers to Experimental Gauss Rifles and discover new advanced weaponry to expand your arsenal.
- Pets – Create and collect pets that assist you on your epic exploration of space by granting defensive, offensive, or exploration perks.
- Continual Support – Post-launch updates will regularly bring new content.